Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- Combine olive oil, thyme, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Rub chicken with seasoning and let stand.
- In a 12" nonstick skillet, toast walnuts over medium-low heat 4-6 min or until golden and fragrant, stirring constantly. Note: walnuts may burn quickly if left unattended.
- Transfer walnuts to dish, and turn heat up to medium under the hot skillet.
- Add chicken to same skillet. Cook 12 min or until done, turning frequently.
- Transfer chicken to a clean plate.
- Add vinegar to the chicken drippings in the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add maple syrup and water, and simmer 6-7 min until slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts and serve on top of chicken.