Chicken legs turn into a melt in your mouth meal with this easy Paleo slow cooker chicken recipe. Simmered in a maple-flavored sauce, this chicken legs recipe imparts the right amount of sweet and salty to satisfy. For an even quicker preparation, you can skip the searing and just throw the chicken into your crock pot with the chopped bacon, but the searing step in this delicious chicken legs recipe does add an extra layer of unmatchable flavor. Looking for more easy to prepare Paleo crock-pot recipes? Check out our PaleoPlan slow cooker recipe archives! For hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe page.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Slow Cooker Maple Bacon Chicken Legs
Total Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 8 hours
saturated fat 6.6g
- 2 slice(s) bacon chopped
- 2 pound(s) chicken legs or thighs or combination
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 medium orange(s) zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh grated
- 2 medium garlic clove(s)
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the chicken to the skillet in an even layer and cook until well browned, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Put the remaining ingredients in your slow cooker pot and mix well. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook the chicken on low for 7-8 hours. When done, top with the reserved bacon and serve with your favorite sides.