If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack that hits the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and savory, then look no further. You have arrived! Our Bacon and Tomato Sweet Potato Bites Recipe crafts together charred sweet potatoes, sweet and juicy cherry tomatoes, and thick cut bacon. Not only are these simple and wholesome ingredients the perfect culinary compliments to one another, but they’re also totally Paleo! This sweet potato recipe works just as well when made with yams, and also makes a wonderful appetizer, a healthy snack, or a finger-licking fun side for your Paleo dinner!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Bacon and Tomato Sweet Potato Bites
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 6.9g
- 2 medium sweet potato(es)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape cut into quarters
- 6 slice(s) bacon chopped and cooked in a skillet until crisp
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to high heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/8 inch slices and lay on the baking sheet. Brush with half the olive oil and season lightly with salt. Broil until lightly charred and tender. Remove from oven.
- Combine the tomatoes and the cooked bacon in a bowl and add the remaining oil and parsley. Season generously with fresh ground pepper and spoon onto the sweet potato slices before serving.