This broccoli soup recipe is a hearty solution for those who are looking for something substantial to serve on a cold day. Not only is it packed with nutrients and will work well as a main dish, but it could also pair well with chicken or fish for those who would like to serve it up as a Paleo side. For those who do not want to use coconut cream, you’ll have a thinner soup, but it’s just as delicious.
If you enjoyed this Paleo Broccoli Soup recipe, try our Spicy Roasted Root Vegetable Soup recipe next time. For more delicious Paleo soup recipes and other FREE Paleo recipes, visit the PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
saturated fat 10g
- 3 head(s) broccoli
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion(s) chopped
- 2 small turnip(s) cut into quarters
- 5 cup(s) chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 3/4 cup(s) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut cream
- 8 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- Heat the chicken stock in a large soup pan.
- Melt the ghee in a large skillet and add the onion, turnips, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes. Add the hot chicken stock or bone broth to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is tender.
- Cool the mixture for 15-20 minutes. Puree in a food processor until smooth, adding the almond milk and the coconut cream.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste. Reheat the soup on medium-low until hot. Top with crumbled bacon and serve warm.