Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (12oz) package kelp noodles
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, saute garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until all sides are brown.
- Rinse and chop kelp noodles, and add to the skillet along with tarragon. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- After cooking, pour the liquid from the skillet carefully into a small container for use in the sauce.
- Add cashews, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, sea salt (optional), black pepper, and paprika to a blender. Cover and blend into a powder. Add the reserved pan juices slowly, blending into a thick sauce (use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender periodically). Add the juices until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Add the sauce to the skillet, then mix well. Cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes longer, until the kelp noodles have become tender.
Note: If you cannot find kelp noodles, bake a halved spaghetti squash face down in 1" of water on 400F for 40 minutes as an alternative. There will be much less sauce with spaghetti squash, however.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.