Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4 turkey breast cutlets, 4-6 oz each
- 1/2 cup apple juice (or the juice of 1 medium/large apple)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- Combine the apple juice, chicken stock, garlic, tarragon and ginger together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season both sides of turkey cutlets with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Sear each cutlet 1-2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place on plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add apple juice mixture to pan.
- As the sauce comes to a boil add the turkey cutlets back to the pan. Simmer until sauce reduces and turkey is fully cooked.