Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes (with an additional hour for marinade)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8-10 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Marinate chicken in 1 Tbs olive oil, sea salt (optional), black pepper, chili powder and garlic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shortly before meal time, heat 2 medium skillets over medium-high heat.
- In one, saute marinated chicken until browned and almost fully cooked.
- Heat 1 Tbs olive (or coconut) oil in the other skillet. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until tender.
- Add red pepper, coconut milk and browned chicken and stir. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.