Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
Passive Time: 1 hour (marinades, etc.)
|1||pound(s)||chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless, diced|
|2||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|10||medium||mushroom(s), white button or cremini, sliced|
|2||medium||bell pepper(s), red, sliced|
|1/3||cup(s)||coconut milk, full fat|
- Marinate chicken in half of olive oil, sea salt (optional), black pepper, chili powder and garlic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shortly before meal time, heat 2 medium skillets over medium-high heat.
- In one, saute marinated chicken until browned and almost fully cooked.
- Heat rest of olive (or coconut) oil in the other skillet. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until tender.
- Add red pepper, coconut milk and browned chicken and stir. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.