Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
Passive Time: 1 hour (marinades, etc.)
- 1 pound(s) chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless, diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow, diced
- 10 medium mushrooms, white button or cremini, sliced
- 2 medium bell pepper(s), red, sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- Marinate chicken in half of olive oil, sea salt (optional), black pepper, chili powder and garlic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shortly before meal time, heat 2 medium skillets over medium-high heat.
- In one, saute marinated chicken until browned and almost fully cooked.
- Heat rest of olive (or coconut) oil in the other skillet. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until tender.
- Add red pepper, coconut milk and browned chicken and stir. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.