Makes a light lunch for 2 adults. Serve on a bed of mixed greens or butter lettuce for a larger meal.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans tuna (oil-packed recommended)
- 20 (about 1 cup) green or black olives, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (no seeds and/or less jalapeno if you want less spice)
- 3 Tbs capers, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- juice of 2 lemons
- splash of olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce or mixed greens (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine all the ingredients and serve over lettuce, with sliced avocado on top.
- Serve immediately, or store it in the fridge for a day for more flavor. NOTE: always be sure to add the avocado just before serving.