Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
Passive Time: 30-60 minutes (marinades, etc.)
|4||chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)|
|3||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, extra virgin|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|6||medium||garlic clove(s), chopped|
|1||can(s)||tomatoes, plum (28 oz), drained and chopped or equivalent amount of fresh plum tomatoes, blanched to remove skin and chopped|
|1/2||cup(s)||olives, black, drained, pitted, and chopped (about 1/2 can)|
|3||tablespoon(s)||parsley, fresh, chopped fine (divided)|
|2||teaspoon(s)||thyme, fresh, chopped|
- Marinate chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for 30 to 60 minutes (or up to 24 hours), turning often.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet sauté garlic and onions in remaining olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and olives and sauté for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
- Add 1 tablespoon parsley and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in oven proof baking dish. Cover with sautéed mixture and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Cover, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.