Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 60 minutes, plus an additional 30-60 minutes for marinade.
- 4 (4-6oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped—or equivalent amount of fresh plum tomatoes, blanched to remove skin and chopped
- 18 black olives, drained, pitted, and chopped (about 1/2 can)
- 3 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped fine (divided)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- Marinate chicken in 2 Tbs olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for 30 to 60 minutes, turning often.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet sauté garlic and onions in remaining olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and olives and sauté for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
- Add 1 Tbs parsley and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in oven proof baking dish. Cover with sautéed mixture and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Cover, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.