Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chicken Cutlets with Olives and Tomatoes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Passive Time: 30-60 minutes
- 4 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 6 medium garlic clove(s) chopped
- 1 large onion(s) chopped
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, plum (28 oz) drained and chopped or equivalent amount of fresh plum tomatoes, blanched to remove skin and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) olives, black drained, pitted, and chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh chopped fine (divided)
- 2 teaspoon(s) thyme, fresh chopped
- Marinate chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for 30 to 60 minutes (or up to 24 hours), turning often.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet sauté garlic and onions in remaining olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and olives and sauté for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
- Add 1 tablespoon parsley and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in oven proof baking dish. Cover with sautéed mixture and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Cover, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.
Photo courtesy: Tarah at whatitgather.com