Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
Passive Time: 60 minutes (marinades, etc.)
- 4 chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1 large onion(s), chopped
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, plum (28 oz), drained and chopped or equivalent amount of fresh plum tomatoes, blanched to remove skin and chopped
- 18 medium olives, black, drained, pitted, and chopped (about 1/2 can)
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh, chopped fine (divided)
- 2 teaspoon(s) thyme, fresh, chopped
- Marinate chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for 30 to 60 minutes (or up to 24 hours), turning often.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet sauté garlic and onions in remaining olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and olives and sauté for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
- Add 1 tablespoon parsley and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in oven proof baking dish. Cover with sautéed mixture and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Cover, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.