Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|2||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, or coconut oil|
|1||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|1||large||apple(s), peeled, cored, and diced|
|1||can(s)||tomatoes, stewed (16 oz)|
|1||tablespoon(s)||curry powder, (or more, to taste)|
|1||pound(s)||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cooked and chopped|
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add apple, tomatoes and their juice, broth, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- Simmer uncovered 35 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with assorted garnishes like toasted coconut, mandarin oranges, raisins, crumbled cook bacon, mango chutney or chopped onion on the side.