Makes dinner for two with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 (16 oz) can stewed tomatoes with their own juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbs curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- optional garnishes: toasted coconut, mandarin oranges, raisins, crumbled cooked bacon, mango chutney, chopped onion
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add apple, tomatoes and their juice, broth, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- Simmer uncovered 35 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with assorted garnishes on the side.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.