Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
|1||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, (or bacon drippings)|
|1/4||large||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|3||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||small||tomato(es), seeded and diced|
|1||bunch(es)||collard greens, remove tough stems, about 1 pound|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, to taste|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||handful(s)||herbs of choice for Collard Greens, (optional)|
|1/4||cup(s)||sunflower seeds, raw, (optional)|
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon drippings or oil when hot.
- Add onions and cook until onions just begin to turn clear.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and continue to cook down (another 10 minutes or so).
- Add greens, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, and fresh herbs (if desired) and cover for 15 minutes to continue to steam, or until the greens are wilted but not soggy.
- Remove from heat, toss in sunflower seeds (if desired) and serve hot.