Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, (or bacon drippings)
- 1/4 large onion(s), yellow, diced
- 3 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 small tomato(es), seeded and diced
- 1 pound(s) collard greens, remove tough stems
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 handful(s) herbs of choice for Collard Greens, (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds, raw, (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon drippings or oil when hot.
- Add onions and cook until onions just begin to turn clear.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and continue to cook down (another 10 minutes or so).
- Add greens, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, and fresh herbs (if desired) and cover for 15 minutes to continue to steam, or until the greens are wilted but not soggy.
- Remove from heat, toss in sunflower seeds (if desired) and serve hot.