Makes 2 hearty servings.
Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 Tbs olive oil (or bacon drippings)
- 1/4 large yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 lb collard greens, remove tough stems
- sea salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- handful of fresh herbs of choice (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon drippings or oil when hot.
- Add onions and cook until onions just begin to turn clear.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and continue to cook down (another 10 minutes or so).
- Add greens, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, and fresh herbs (if desired) and cover for 15 minutes to continue to steam, or until the greens are wilted but not soggy.
- Remove from heat, toss in sunflower seeds (if desired) and serve hot.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.