Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 65 minutes
- 1 (3-lb) chicken, cut up
- 1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb sliced pureed peaches; fresh, frozen, or canned (if using canned, rinse and drain well)
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, pineapple, orange juice, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Simmer partly covered for 45 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Add peach puree to pan and stir.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes longer, until chicken is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.