Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 65 minutes
|1||chicken, whole (2.5-3 lbs), cut up|
|1||can(s)||pineapple, crushed (8-oz), with juice|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
|3||medium||peach(es), about 1 lb, sliced and pureed ; fresh, frozen, or canned (if using canned, rinse and drain well)|
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, pineapple, orange juice, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Simmer partly covered for 45 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Add peach puree to pan and stir.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes longer, until chicken is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.