Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Spiced Chicken with Peaches and Pineapple Sauce
Total Time: 65 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
- 1 piece(s) chicken, whole (2.5-3 lbs) cut up
- 1 can(s) pineapple, crushed (8-oz) with juice
- 1 large orange(s) juiced
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 3 medium peach(es) sliced and pureed ; fresh, frozen, or canned (if using canned, rinse and drain well)
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, pineapple, orange juice, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Simmer partly covered for 45 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Add peach puree to pan and stir.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes longer, until chicken is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here