Approximate Cook Time: 65 minutes
- 1 chicken, whole (2.5-3 lbs), cut up
- 1 can(s) pineapple, crushed (8-oz), with juice
- 1 large orange(s), juiced
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground
- teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 pound(s) peach(es), sliced and pureed ; fresh, frozen, or canned (if using canned, rinse and drain well)
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, pineapple, orange juice, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Simmer partly covered for 45 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Add peach puree to pan and stir.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes longer, until chicken is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.