Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch. Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 heads butter lettuce, root removed, washed and dried
- 1 small jar salsa (or substitute fresh chopped tomatoes, cilantro and garlic)
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and sea salt (if desired). Toss chicken in mixture until fully coated and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Saute onion for 3 minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is almost fully cooked (about 10-15 minutes), stirring often.
- Just before chicken is done, add red peppers, lemon and lime juice. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve over lettuce and top with guacamole and salsa.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.