Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
|3||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1||pound(s)||chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless, sliced into strips|
|1/2||medium||onion(s), red, sliced|
|2||medium||bell pepper(s), red, sliced|
|2||head(s)||lettuce, butter, root removed, washed and dried|
|1||jar(s)||salsa (12 oz), (or substitute fresh chopped tomatoes, cilantro and garlic)|
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and sea salt (if desired). Toss chicken in mixture until fully coated and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Saute onion for 3 minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is almost fully cooked (about 10-15 minutes), stirring often.
- Just before chicken is done, add red peppers, lemon and lime juice. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve over lettuce and top with guacamole and salsa.