Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 pound(s) chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion(s), red sliced
- 2 medium bell pepper(s), red sliced
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1 medium lime(s), juiced
- 2 head(s) lettuce, butter root removed, washed and dried
- 1 cup(s) guacamole
- 1 jar(s) salsa (12 oz) (or substitute fresh chopped tomatoes, cilantro and garlic)
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and sea salt (if desired). Toss chicken in mixture until fully coated and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Saute onion for 3 minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is almost fully cooked (about 10-15 minutes), stirring often.
- Just before chicken is done, add red peppers, lemon and lime juice. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve over lettuce and top with guacamole and salsa.
Photo courtesy: Eril M.