Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 90 minutes
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbs almond flour (alternatively use 2 Tbs coconut flour and 2 Tbs tapioca flour)
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 5-7 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add coconut oil or fat of choice to a large sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add onion and mushrooms and sauté until softened and slightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- While the onions and mushrooms cook, mix ground meat, egg, almond flour, coconut milk, sea salt (optional), and black pepper in a bowl.
- Combine mushrooms and onions with meat loaf mixture.
- Shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan, and add the bacon strips across the top of loaf.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until fully cooked. There might be "soup" surrounding the loaf which you can just throw away or freeze for later use as stock in a real soup.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.