Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 1/2 pound(s) pork, ground
- 1/2 pound(s) turkey, ground
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 4 tablespoon(s) almond flour, (alternatively use 2 tablespoons coconut flour and 2 tablespoons tapioca flour)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 medium onion(s), finely diced
- 6 medium mushrooms, white button or cremini, sliced
- 3 slice(s) bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add coconut oil or fat of choice to a large Sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add onion and mushrooms and Sauté until softened and slightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- While the onions and mushrooms cook, mix ground meat, egg, almond flour, coconut milk, sea salt (optional), and black pepper in a bowl.
- Combine mushrooms and onions with meat loaf mixture.
- Shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan, and add the bacon strips across the top of loaf.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until fully cooked. There might be "soup" surrounding the loaf which you can just throw away or freeze for later use as stock in a real soup.