Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
|4||tablespoon(s)||almond flour, (alternatively use 2 tablespoons coconut flour and 2 tablespoons tapioca flour)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4||cup(s)||coconut milk, full fat|
|1||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, lard, or tallow|
|1||medium||onion(s), finely diced|
|6||medium||mushroom(s), white button or cremini, sliced|
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add coconut oil or fat of choice to a large sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add onion and mushrooms and sauté until softened and slightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- While the onions and mushrooms cook, mix ground meat, egg, almond flour, coconut milk, sea salt (optional), and black pepper in a bowl.
- Combine mushrooms and onions with meat loaf mixture.
- Shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan, and add the bacon strips across the top of loaf.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until fully cooked. There might be "soup" surrounding the loaf which you can just throw away or freeze for later use as stock in a real soup.