Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1||pound(s)||plaice fillet(s), (or any firm white fish)|
|2||medium||carrot(s), sliced into 1/4" x 2" matchsticks|
|2||small||parsnip(s), sliced into 1/4" x 2" matchsticks|
|2||medium||leek(s), (white and light green sections only), sliced|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Cut the fillets in half lengthwise.
- Season each piece with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and roll into small rolls.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to pan when hot.
- Add carrots, parsnips, and leeks to pan and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce to heat to low, add vegetable broth and thyme.
- Place the fish rolls on top of the vegetables and cover.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is tender. NOTE: do not remove lid unless necessary to check for doneness.