Makes dinner for two.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb plaice fillets (or any firm white fish)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into 1/4" x 2" matchsticks
- 2 small parsnips, sliced into 1/4" x 2" matchsticks
- 2 leeks (white and light green sections only), sliced
- 2 Tbs of coconut oil
- 1-1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- sea salt (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the fillets in half lengthwise.
- Season each piece with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and roll into small rolls.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to pan when hot.
- Add carrots, parsnips, and leeks to pan and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce to heat to low, add vegetable broth and thyme.
- Place the fish rolls on top of the vegetables and cover.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is tender. NOTE: do not remove lid unless necessary to check for doneness.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.