Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Steamed Plaice Rolls
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound(s) plaice fillet(s) (or any firm white fish)
- 2 medium carrot(s) sliced into 1/4" x 2" matchsticks
- 2 small parsnip(s) sliced into 1/4" x 2" matchsticks
- 2 medium leek(s) (white and light green sections only), sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 11/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- Cut the fillets in half lengthwise.
- Season each piece with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and roll into small rolls.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to pan when hot.
- Add carrots, parsnips, and leeks to pan and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce to heat to low, add vegetable broth and thyme.
- Place the fish rolls on top of the vegetables and cover.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is tender. NOTE: do not remove lid unless necessary to check for doneness.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here