Try this Paleo version of the French classic if you’d like a healthy meal that’s also sophisticated and elegant. Capers, olives, tomatoes, green beans, tuna and eggs are accented with mustard, lemon juice and olive oil for a tasty Mediterranean salad. Feel free to leave out the tuna if you’d like to serve it as a side salad. You can also add other greens such as spinach if desired.
|2||can(s)||tuna (6 oz), drained (oil-packed works well)|
|1/3||pound(s)||green beans, fresh|
|1/2||cup(s)||olives, black, pitted|
|1||cup(s)||tomatoes, cherry or grape|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Place 4 raw eggs (in their shells) in a small pan, and add cold water to cover the eggs. Cover the pan.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring water to a slight simmer. Once simmering (small bubbles), cover the pan and remove from heat. Let stand (covered) for 13 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, and immediately cool them in cold water after. Remove shells, quarter the eggs and set aside.
- While eggs are cooking, wash and chop butter lettuce, tomatoes and green beans.
- Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt & pepper into a dressing.
- Combine all remaining ingredients into two salads and drizzle dressing on top.