This Paleo version of the classic French salad makes lunch or dinner for two adults.
Approximate cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans tuna, drained (oil-packed works well)
- 1 handful green beans
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large head butter lettuce
- 2 Tbs capers, rinsed
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place 4 raw eggs (in their shells) in a small pan, and add cold water to cover the eggs. Cover the pan.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring water to a slight simmer. Once simmering (small bubbles), cover the pan and remove from heat. Let stand (covered) for 13 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, and immediately cool them in cold water after. Remove shells, quarter the eggs and set aside.
- While eggs are cooking, wash and chop butter lettuce, tomatoes and green beans.
- Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt & pepper into a dressing.
- Combine all remaining ingredients into two salads and drizzle dressing on top.