Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, flesh diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil (or bacon grease, tallow, or lard)
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat large sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil when pan is hot.
- When oil has melted, add squash, thyme, and garlic, and stir to coat completely with oil.
- Spread squash in an even layer in pan and allow to cook without stirring until lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes). Stir, and evenly spread out again, allowing to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- After browning, stir squash, reduce heat to medium, cover pan and continue to cook until squash is tender (about 10-15 minutes more).
- Season with sea salt and black pepper (optional) and serve warm.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.