Our Butternut Squash with Garlic and Thyme recipe is a simple way to prepare this delicious squash, that results in a ton of flavor. Butternut squash is slightly sweet and when sauteed with garlic and fresh thyme in coconut oil, it’s a winning combination. You can easily swap out the type of oil used to replace coconut oil (with ghee, for example), but as written, this butternut squash recipe is both Paleo and vegan-friendly.
If you enjoyed our Butternut Squash with Garlic and Thyme recipe, try our Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Herbs recipe next time. For even more delicious and FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat. Add oil when pan is hot.
- When oil has melted, add squash, thyme, and garlic, and stir to coat completely with oil.
- Spread squash in an even layer in pan and allow to cook without stirring until lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes). Stir, and evenly spread out again, allowing to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- After browning, stir squash, reduce heat to medium, cover pan and continue to cook until squash is tender (about 10-15 minutes more).
- Season with sea salt and black pepper (optional) and serve warm.