Approximate Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 11/2 pound(s) butternut squash, , peeled, seeds removed, flesh diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil, (or bacon grease, tallow, or lard)
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 3 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat. Add oil when pan is hot.
- When oil has melted, add squash, thyme, and garlic, and stir to coat completely with oil.
- Spread squash in an even layer in pan and allow to cook without stirring until lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes). Stir, and evenly spread out again, allowing to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- After browning, stir squash, reduce heat to medium, cover pan and continue to cook until squash is tender (about 10-15 minutes more).
- Season with sea salt and black pepper (optional) and serve warm.