Approximate Cook Time: 40 minutes
|11/2||pound(s)||butternut squash, , peeled, seeds removed, flesh diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 4 cups)|
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, (or bacon grease, tallow, or lard)|
|3||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat. Add oil when pan is hot.
- When oil has melted, add squash, thyme, and garlic, and stir to coat completely with oil.
- Spread squash in an even layer in pan and allow to cook without stirring until lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes). Stir, and evenly spread out again, allowing to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- After browning, stir squash, reduce heat to medium, cover pan and continue to cook until squash is tender (about 10-15 minutes more).
- Season with sea salt and black pepper (optional) and serve warm.