Approximate Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 1 medium acorn squash, cut in half length-wise
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place squash cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet or shallow baking dish.
- Add 1/4 inch of water to the baking sheet or dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until peel is soft to the touch.
- Remove from oven and carefully turn over. Remove squash from peel and add coconut oil, honey, and sea salt (optional).
- Top with toasted walnuts to serve.
- To cook squash in microwave, place squash flesh down in a microwave safe dish. Add 1/2 inch of water, and microwave for 8-12 minutes. Check often, as each microwave will vary cooking time.
- Optionally top dish with dried fruit, other nuts, and cinnamon.