Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 55 minutes in the oven, or 15 minutes in the microwave
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half length-wise
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place squash cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet or shallow baking dish.
- Add 1/4" of water to the baking sheet or dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until peel is soft to the touch.
- Remove from oven and carefully turn over. Remove squash from peel and add coconut oil, honey, and sea salt (optional).
- Top with toasted walnuts to serve.
- To cook squash in microwave, place squash flesh down in a microwave safe dish. Add 1/2" of water, and microwave for 8-12 minutes. Check often, as each microwave will vary cooking time.
- Optionally top dish with dried fruit, other nuts, and cinnamon.