Serves 4 as an appetizer
Approximate Cook and Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hours of chilling
- 12 ounces cleaned calamari (substitute with scallops or shrimp if you don't like squid)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (do not add salt). While waiting for the water to boil, fill a large bowl with ice and fill halfway with water.
- When the water is boiling, add the calamari and stir. Cook for 1 minute, remove with a slotted spoon and immediately transfer to the ice water.
- Let it sit in the ice bath for about 5 minutes and then lay the pieces on a layer of paper towels.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, add the calamari, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or more before serving.
- Serve with additional cilantro and lime wedges.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.