Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
Passive Time: 2 hours (marinades, etc.)
- 12 ounce(s) calamari, cleaned, (substitute with scallops or shrimp if you don't like squid)
- 1/2 cup(s) lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 medium mango(s), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 small onion(s), red, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper(s), seeded and minced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper(s), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (do not add salt). While waiting for the water to boil, fill a large bowl with ice and fill halfway with water.
- When the water is boiling, add the calamari and stir. Cook for 1 minute, remove with a slotted spoon and immediately transfer to the ice water.
- Let it sit in the ice bath for about 5 minutes and then lay the pieces on a layer of paper towels.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, add the calamari, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or more before serving.
- Serve with additional cilantro and lime wedges.