Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
Passive Time: 2 hours (marinades, etc.)
|12||ounce(s)||calamari, cleaned, (substitute with scallops or shrimp if you don't like squid)|
|1||medium||mango(s), peeled and cut into cubes|
|1/2||small||onion(s), red, finely chopped|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||medium||jalapeno pepper(s), seeded and minced|
|1/2||medium||bell pepper(s), finely chopped|
|1/4||cup(s)||cilantro, fresh, chopped|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (do not add salt). While waiting for the water to boil, fill a large bowl with ice and fill halfway with water.
- When the water is boiling, add the calamari and stir. Cook for 1 minute, remove with a slotted spoon and immediately transfer to the ice water.
- Let it sit in the ice bath for about 5 minutes and then lay the pieces on a layer of paper towels.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, add the calamari, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or more before serving.
- Serve with additional cilantro and lime wedges.