Organ meats, such as liver, are really nutritious, but have a noticeably strong flavor that some people can’t tolerate well. By mixing it with ground beef and flavorful ingredients, this liver burger recipe helps you get the nutrients while still enjoying your meal. The wilted arugula adds a dose of flavorful greens, making this a quick and complete meal. If you like this Mediterranean Beef and Liver Burgers with Wilted Arugula recipe, then try our Mediterranean Beef and Liver Roasted Eggplant recipe next time. Looking for even more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Mediterranean Beef and Liver Burgers with Wilted Arugula
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
saturated fat 5.6g
- 1 pound(s) beef, ground
- 1/2 pound(s) beef liver, ground ask your butcher to grind it for you
- 2 cup(s) spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) tomatoes, sun-dried finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) olive(s), kalamata finely chopped
- 1 large egg(s)
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 cup(s) arugula, baby
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Mix the beef, liver, spinach, tomatoes, olives, and egg in a large bowl. Form into 4 patties. Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Cook the burgers until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan, leaving as much of the oil as possible.
- Add the arugula, and season with salt and pepper. When wilted, add the lemon juice and turn off heat.
- Serve the burgers topped with the arugula and eat with a knife and fork.