This fresh and simple salad makes your Paleo lunch or light dinner a breeze. If you use pre-cooked chicken you can really toss this meal together quickly! Sweet orange slices are a beautiful and tasty compliment to savory avocado, greens, chicken and cashews. A drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of seasoning to taste is all you need for this perfect Paleo meal!
If you like this dish, try our Autumn Spinach Salad and Turkey and Kale Salad with Maple Bacon Dressing. Looking for more delicious Paleo salad recipes? Look no further! Check out our PaleoPlan salad recipe archives. For hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Orange, Avocado and Cashew Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large orange(s) segmented
- 1 large avocado(s) diced
- 1/4 cup(s) cashews raw
- 3 cup(s) spinach or arugula or watercress
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- 2 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz) grilled sliced (optional, if served as a side)
- Prepare both oranges by cutting off the rind and outer membrane and slicing out the wedges of fruit between the segments. Do this over a bowl and set the remaining juice aside.
- Divide the greens up between two plates, and top with oranges, avocados and cashews.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and any juice left over from the oranges. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add grilled chicken breast slices on top (optional, if served by itself).