If you’ve made healthy choices for a big holiday meal, then it only makes sense that they are still nutritious the next day, and this recipe is great for using up those holiday leftovers! Our Turkey and Kale Salad recipe combines everything together in a nutritious salad that is both satisfying and delicious. A maple flavored bacon salad dressing brings it all together. For more Paleo salad and salad dressing recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Turkey and Kale Salad with Maple Bacon Dressing
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
saturated fat 5.7g
- 2 bunch(es) kale cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato(es) cubed and roasted, about 1 cup for 4 servings
- 1/4 cup(s) cranberries, dried no sugar added
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds, raw
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 pound(s) turkey about 1/2 cup per serving
- 4 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and coconut oil when hot. Sauté turkey for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until fully cooked; season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Put the kale in a large bowl and massage with your fingertips for several minutes, until leaves are well broken down.
- Add the potatoes, cranberries, and sunflower seeds to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and salt and pepper until well combined. Toss it with the salad.
- Top with the turkey and bacon before serving.