Looking for a healthy Thai sauce to use as a Paleo marinade? Our Paleo Thai Marinade infuses meats and vegetables with tantalizing flavors and just the right amount of spice. It also makes for a delicious and healthy salad dressing or Paleo stir-fry sauce as well! If you enjoy this recipe, check out our other FREE Paleo marinade and sauce recipes over at the PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Thai Marinade
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 5 medium garlic clove(s) peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) ginger, fresh peeled and diced
- 2 cup(s) basil, fresh loosely packed
- 1 large jalapeno pepper(s) chopped, leave the seeds in if you desire more spice
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL) liquid only, about 1/2 cup for 8 servings, fat component removed
- 1/4 cup(s) avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into a magic bullet, blender, food processor or the like.
- Blend until well combined.
- Place pre-cut meat of choice into a shallow and covered dish, or a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Thoroughly coat the meat with the marinade.
- Reserve and refrigerate any unused marinade for a salad dressing, stir-fry sauce, or freeze for future use.
- Cover and refrigerate meat for 2 to 24 hours, turning the meat (or "squishing" the bag) several times to ensure the marinade covers the meat completely.
- The meat is now ready to cook! Remove from the marinade and salt lightly before grilling, pan frying, or baking.