Looking for a new and fresh idea for sautéed veggies? Our Sautéed Vegetables with Lemon and Basil recipe will take your taste buds (and health) to the next level. This delicious and healthy Paleo side dish can be served on the side of a steak or chicken breast for a complete meal, but the recipe itself is vegan friendly. If you enjoyed this Sautéed Vegetables with Lemon and Basil recipe, try our Cauliflower Stir-Fry Salad recipe next time. Looking for even more delicious Paleo side dish recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sautéed Vegetables with Lemon and Basil
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
saturated fat 2g
- 1 teaspoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- 6 medium mushroom(s), white button or cremini sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1/2 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 1 tablespoon(s) basil, fresh thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil when pan is hot.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, and sauté (stirring frequently) until mushrooms begin to soften (about 8 minutes).
- Add bell pepper and zucchini, and continue to cook until vegetables soften slightly.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, basil, sea salt (if desired) and black pepper. Toss mixture and serve hot.