I bet you’ve had steamed broccoli before and it hasn’t been too exciting. Well, steaming it with coconut oil and lemon juice brightens the flavor and takes ho-hum broccoli to exciting new heights! A source of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (including chlorophyll which gives broccoli its green color), steamed broccoli is also a veggie that the whole family will love. Serve it for breakfast alongside eggs, next to the protein of your choice for lunch or with any of our Paleo entrees for dinner. Just envision your plate and if it needs green, go with broccoli!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 head(s) broccoli
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 medium lemon(s) juiced, (optional)
- Cut the broccoli into individual florets. Also chop the stalk if desired.
- Add 1 inch of water to the bottom of a medium pot, and insert a steamer basket.
- Fill the steamer basket with raw broccoli.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat until bright green and softened, around 8-10 minutes.
- Toss with coconut oil to coat, and drizzle with lemon juice (if desired) to serve.