Pigs in a Blanket bring back childhood memories for many of us, plus they’re fun to make (and even funner to eat)! The next time you need a healthy snack idea or appetizer to serve at a party or any kind of get-together, this Paleo treat is sure to conjure up smiles all around! You can substitute olive oil for the coconut oil in this recipe if you like.
If you’re looking for a Halloween-inspired version of this dish, try our Halloweiners or Lil Mummies recipe. Made from all natural lil’ smokie cocktail wieners wrapped in almond flour, this Paleo Pigs in a Blanket recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Pigs In a Blanket
Total Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 package(s) cocktail wieners, uncured, fully-cooked, nitrate-free, smoked (about 25 weiners for 6 servings)
- 11/2 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F and pull out a baking sheet.
- Combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, sea salt, baking soda) in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whip together the egg and melted coconut oil with a fork.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a ball of dough.
- Place the dough ball on a cutting board, and cover with a piece of parchment paper cut to the size of the baking sheet you will be using.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin (or something cylindrical), until you have a flat thin sheet approximately ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut strips approximately 1-1 ½ inch wide to make the “blanket” for your piggies.
- Remove cocktail weiners from package, and pat dry.
- Carefully wrap the cocktail weiners in the strips of almond flour, forming the dough firmly around the sausages.
- Place the same sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and then place the pigs in their blankets onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 30 minutes, until dough is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Let the piggies cool for a few moments on the baking sheet before removing them.
- Serve with dijon mustard, ketchup, or another Paleo-friendly dipping sauce.