For an easy and satisfying Paleo snack, these zucchini pizza bites will definitely hit the spot. The ‘cheese’ is made of cashews, which turn creamy and rich when blended with water and lemon juice. You have two options for the cheese: either soak the cashews overnight beforehand, or boil them for 15 minutes when you’re ready to make the cheese. The ‘crust’ is made from oven roasted zucchini rounds. To serve up these tasty lil’ Paleo pizza bites, simply top the zucchini slices with the cashew cheese, chopped pepperoni and tomatoes. Season lightly with salt and pepper if desired and enjoy!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
saturated fat 6.4g
- 1 cup(s) cashews raw
- 1 medium garlic clove(s)
- 1 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 2 ounce(s) pepperoni nitrate free, chopped
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- First make the cashew cheese. For soaking, put the cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 2 hours or up to 6 hours (more soaking will create an off-taste). Drain, put in a food processor with the garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. To skip the soaking, put cashews in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a medium simmer and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain, allow to cool and blend as you would above.
- For the zucchini, preheat broiler to high heat. Lay on a baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and broil for 3-4 minutes, until tender and starting to brown.
- To serve, top the zucchini slices with the cashew cheese, chopped pepperoni and tomatoes. Season lightly with salt and pepper if desired.