This easy Paleo beef chili recipe is full of flavor, but also a healthy dose of vegetables. It’s a great way to use up your late summer veggies while still enjoying a taste of fall. Like most chili recipes, this one gets more flavorful as time goes on, so don’t be afraid to make it a day or two in advance. Looking for even more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Vegetable Beef Chili
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
saturated fat 5.0g
trans fat 0.0g
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion(s) diced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper(s) seeded and diced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 pound(s) beef, ground
- 1/2 pound(s) pork, ground
- 4 cup(s) spinach, baby
- 3 medium tomato(es) chopped
- 1 medium tomato(es) crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and jalapeño, and cook until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and zucchini. Cook for a minute and add the seasonings.
- Stir and add the beef and pork to the pot. Cook until no longer pink in the center.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft and chili is thickened, 30-40 minutes. You can simmer for several hours to improve flavor; simply add water or broth to the pan. Serve hot.