Smooth, thick, and absolutely creamy, this sweet potato “hummus” is the perfect appetizer or snack. Nutrient-dense and fiber-rich, it pairs well with toasted Paleo bread or vegetable crudités, but is so good you can even eat it on its own!
You just need a handful of wholesome ingredients to get started.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Creamy Sweet Potato “Hummus”
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed (about 4 cups cubed)
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 large garlic clove(s) minced
- 1/2 cup(s) cashew butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 Toasted Paleo bread for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss the cubed sweet potatoes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and then place them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for approximately 30 minutes, flipping over halfway through until tender.
- Place the roasted sweet potatoes, minced garlic, cashew butter, salt, and water in the bowl of the blender and blend for a few minutes on medium-high until you get a smooth, thick hummus, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl, garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Serve sweet potato hummus with toasted slices of Paleo bread, if desired.