This salad has a sweet and salty combination and is also packed with protein and vitamins.
Best served shortly after being prepared.
Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|2||piece(s)||chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz), diced|
|1||large||apple(s), tart, cored and diced|
|1||large||celery stalk(s), chopped|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch slices.Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil when hot. Sauté chicken breasts for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until fully cooked; season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper if desired. Shred if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and honey and mix until well blended.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Spoon dressing over chicken and toss to coat completely. If making salad ahead of time, keep chicken mixture and dressing separate until just before eating.