This salad has a sweet and salty combination and is also packed with protein and vitamins.
Best served shortly after being prepared.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Lascaux Chicken Waldorf Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz) diced
- 1 large apple(s), tart cored and diced
- 1 large celery stalk(s) chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Paleo mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey, raw
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch slices.Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil when hot. Sauté chicken breasts for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until fully cooked; season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper if desired. Shred if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and honey and mix until well blended.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Spoon dressing over chicken and toss to coat completely. If making salad ahead of time, keep chicken mixture and dressing separate until just before eating.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here