There’s nothing wrong with having a sweet tooth and sometimes candy bars are the only thing that will satisfy that craving. These easy to make Paleo candy bars are not only packed with nutrients, but they’re also a delicious alternative to the traditional store-bought candy. To change up the flavor, add two tablespoons of almond butter.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Candy Bars
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup(s) carob powder or cocoa powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) nuts of choice ground (almonds, hazelnuts)
- 3/4 cup(s) coconut, unsweetened shredded
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey, raw (optional, add more to taste)
- 1 package(s) parchment paper
- Melt the honey and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Take off heat as soon as coconut oil is totally melted.
- Once combined and off heat, add the carob (or cocoa), ground nuts, and coconut and mix together.
- Pour mixture onto a small baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Form into a square (or shape of your choice) when cool enough to touch.
- Freeze or refrigerate until hardened. Cut into 4 servings.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here