Makes about 4 (2″x2″) bars.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes and 20 minutes of freezing
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carob powder or cocoa powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup ground nuts (almonds, hazelnuts)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbs raw honey (optional, add more to taste)
- parchment paper
- Melt the honey and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Take off heat as soon as coconut oil is totally melted.
- Once combined and off heat, add the carob (or cocoa), ground nuts, and coconut and mix together.
- Pour mixture onto a small baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Form into a square (or shape of your choice) when cool enough to touch.
- Freeze or refrigerate until hardened. Cut into 4 servings.