Approximate Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound(s) shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) onion(s), green, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chipotle, ground
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) almond flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil, for sauteing
- Place shrimp in food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, scallions, lime juice, honey, sea salt (optional), chipotle, egg and cilantro.
- Form mixture into 1/2 inch thick patties, dip each in almond flour, coating thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add 4 patties to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side, until browned; remove and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.