Makes 12 cakes (4 servings).
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound (raw) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- ½ tsp sea salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground chipotle
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 Tbs coconut oil, for sautéing
- Place shrimp in food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, scallions, lime juice, honey, sea salt (optional), chipotle, egg and cilantro.
- Form mixture into 12 (½) inch thick patties, dip each in almond flour, coating thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add 4 patties to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side, until browned; remove and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.