Shrimp cakes are a delicious addition to your table as a main dish or appetizer idea at your next event. The crunch is satisfying when you enjoy these nutrient-packed treats. They pair well with other Paleo appetizers and snacks, as well as mixed vegetables and Paleo desserts. Add extra almond flour to the patties to help thicken them up if needed.
|1||pound(s)||shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), red, finely chopped|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|2||medium||onion(s), green, thinly sliced|
|1||tablespoon(s)||lime juice, freshly squeezed|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/2||cup(s)||cilantro, fresh, finely chopped|
|3||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, for sauteing|
- Place shrimp in food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, scallions, lime juice, honey, sea salt (optional), chipotle, egg and cilantro.
- Form mixture into 1/2 inch thick patties, dip each in almond flour, coating thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add 4 patties to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side, until browned; remove and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.