Makes lunch for two.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (enough for about 6 cups of chopped leaves)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Wash kale and remove leaves from woody stems. Slice leaves thinly.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt (if desired) and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat leaves completely.
- Divide kale into two bowls. Top each salad with a cooked chicken breast and sunflower seeds to serve.