Makes 6-8 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut cream from the top of a can of coconut milk (very important)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs of your choice, such as rosemary, thyme, or oregano
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Coarse sea salt, for topping
- Toppings of your choice, such as chopped olives, halved cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic cloves, or whatever your heart desires
- If the cream isn't at the top of the can of coconut milk, put the can in the fridge and it will rise to the top in about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs with the coconut cream until smooth. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and stir until well combined.
- Line a shallow 8" pie plate or small jellyroll pan with parchment and spread the batter in the pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and press your fingers lightly in the dough to indent.
- If topping the bread, add toppings evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until top is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and brush with more olive oil. Cool before slicing and serving.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.