This simple Garlic Ginger Paleo Marinade is packed with flavor and will quickly become a go-to favorite in your recipe repertoire. Each week I marinate several cuts of meat in this marinade overnight, and then cook them up on the grill or the stove top the next day. I also love using this marinade as a stir-fry sauce, and it tastes great when sauteed up with veggies as well!
Note: The nutrition information for this recipe is based on 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts in marinade.
|1||tablespoon(s)||sesame oil, toasted|
|2||tablespoon(s)||ginger, fresh, sliced, about 2 inches for 4 servings|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), peeled and sliced|
- Combine all ingredients into a covered shallow dish (non-metal) or re-sealable plastic bag.
- Place meat of choice in marinade. Make sure that the marinade surrounds most of the meat. If it is too large, slice the meat into smaller sections first.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours, turning the meat (or "squishing" the bag) several times to make sure the marinade covers the meat completely.
- The meat is now ready to cook. Remove from the marinade and salt lightly before grilling, pan frying, or baking.
- Discard leftover marinade, or remove ginger and garlic slices and bring it to a boil (uncovered) for 5 to 10 minutes to reduce into a thicker sauce for drizzling over cooked meat.