These are fairly low in protein, so we recommend adding some protein (bacon, sausage, chicken) to this breakfast.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Banana Almond Pancakes (Improved Recipe!)
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium banana(s)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) almond butter
- 1 cup(s) blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) nuts of choice (walnuts, macadamia, almonds are good), chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut flour, almond butter, blueberries, and nuts and salt, and whisk until well blended.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat along with a small pat of coconut oil.
- Pour small discs of batter onto the hot pan (around 3-4 inches around). They'll be easier to flip if you keep them from the edges of the pan.
- Flip when batter loses its "tackiness" around the edges.
- Cook other side slowly over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Reapply oil to the pan after each round of pancakes.