Don’t let the simple ingredient list fool you – these wholesome pancakes are full of flavor.
First, while the griddle preheats over medium, you’ll whisk the mashed bananas with the egg until you get a creamy batter. A few banana chunks are OK here, especially if you want some chunks in your pancakes.
Now, you’re ready to cook. Scoop about 2 generous tablespoons of batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake to make about 8 pancakes. These pancakes work best on the smaller side. Cook each pancake about 2-3 minutes, until a peek at the underside looks golden, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. These pancakes are a little more delicate than your average flapjack, so be gentle on the flip.
Enjoy them as is, or let them be a blank canvas for your favorite pancake toppings. You can go classic with a drizzle of maple syrup or mix things up with some fresh fruit or almond butter.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
saturated fat 1g
- 2 medium banana(s) mashed
- 1 large egg(s)
- Preheat a griddle or pan over medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas with egg until creamy.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of batter at a time to hot griddle or pan to make small pancakes as they are easier to flip. Make it in batches, if needed.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, until underside is golden. Then flip and cook 2-3 minutes until set.
- Transfer to plate and serve warm.