You’ll never miss your favorite coffee shop muffins again with these grain-free apple cinnamon muffins.
A quick homemade applesauce is paired with other healthy ingredients for a super easy breakfast that is perfect for busy mornings. Using a sweet apple such as Red Delicious means you don’t have to add any sugar to this Paleo muffin recipe; and you can leave the skin on for even more nutrients.
Looking for even more delicious Paleo Breakfast Recipes? Visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
saturated fat 20.7g
- 2 small apple(s) cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 4 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 package(s) paper muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Put the apples in a saucepan with the lemon juice and cover. Add enough water to cover half. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until apples are broken down. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Leave in the blender and let cool for 5 minutes.
- When the apples are warm, add the remaining ingredients to the blender and puree on low until you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin tin, filling each tin about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until muffins are well browned and tops are firm. Cool before removing from pan.