Zucchini, eggs, and coconut flour come together to make these tasty fritters. You can mix in any number of additional ingredients to your taste, including bacon and green onions, or other vegetables like broccoli and carrots. Yogurt and mashed avocado make good toppings.
The base of this recipe was submitted by Jaime, and sourced from balancedbites.com.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Savory Zucchini Fritters
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini shredded
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or bacon grease
- Shred zucchini by hand or in a food processor (rough chop) and set aside (if it is very wet, lightly blot it dry with a paper towel).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs together.
- Sift coconut flour into eggs and beat together. Note: coconut flour often has clumps, which is why sifting is important.
- Mix shredded zucchini, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper together, and combine with egg mixture.
- Meanwhile, set a large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. When hot, add coconut oil or bacon grease to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan in desired sized fritters.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Optional: add other spices or fresh herbs to the recipe in step 4.