Cashew cheese adds a creamy tang to this juicy Paleo burger recipe, and a sunny side up egg adds savory flavor and filling protein. The end result is a healthy, hearty meal that will fill you up and satisfy.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sunny Side Up Burger with Cashew Cheese
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
saturated fat 8.7g
- 1 cup(s) cashews raw
- 1 medium garlic clove(s)
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 11/2 pound(s) beef, ground
- 4 large egg(s)
- 4 large lettuce leaves for serving
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives, fresh for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- First make the cashew cheese. For soaking, put the cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 2 hours or up to 6 hours (no more or they will develop an off-taste). Drain, put in a food processor with the garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. To skip the soaking, put cashews in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a medium simmer and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain, allow to cool and blend as you would above.
- Form the ground beef into evenly sized patties and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook each burger in a heavy non-stick skillet, leaving the fat in the pan when done.
- Crack the eggs into the beef fat until the whites are cooked.
- To serve, lay a lettuce leaf on each plate and top with a burger. Spread a generous portion of cashew cheese on top and top with a fried egg. Top with minced chives if desired and enjoy with a knife and fork.