Classic banana bread meets fudgy brownies in this deliciously good recipe.
Raw cacao and dairy-free chocolate chips combine to pack a double punch of chocolate flavor that will have you wondering if you accidentally just whipped up a batch of brownies instead of banana bread. The addition of tahini to this loaf adds a velvety texture and nutty flavor that works great with the burst of chocolate and banana flavors.
When it comes to choosing your bananas – the riper, the better. This is the perfect recipe to save those sad, brown bananas from the ending up in the compost bin. I like to mash my bananas well, but if you love those little surprise bites of banana, feel free to leave it just a bit chunky.
Looking for even more delicious Paleo Bread, Pasta, and Flour Recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
Total Time: 55 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
saturated fat 11g
- 3 medium banana(s) ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) tahini
- 1/4 cup(s) ghee softened
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut sugar
- 4 large egg(s) room-temperature
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/2 cup(s) tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips, dark divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together tahini, ghee, and coconut sugar.
- Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract, then beat another minute to incorporate.
- Add almond flour, tapioca flour, raw cacao powder, and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Fold half of chocolate chips into batter. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top of loaf with remaining chocolate chips and bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool another 20-30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.