Whip up decadent chocolate muffins with natural sweetness from raw honey and a moist crumb thanks to a secret ingredient: avocado.
Naturally gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, and low-carb, these muffins will keep you full for a long time! They’re the ideal breakfast or grab-and-go snack.
You may associate avocados with savory foods, but using avocados in baked goods allows you to impart major moisture and richness. Paired with chocolate chips and raw cacao powder, the avocado proves a neutral canvas – so don’t worry about the flavor not blending well.
Not only that, but avocados pack in a solid dose of nutrition. Rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, eating avocados frequently can help to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Moist, low-carb, and filled with good fats, these muffins are topped with mini chocolate chips to satisfy any chocolate craving you might have. Eat them for breakfast, tea, or simply as a mid-morning snack to keep you full until the next meal.
Tip: Store the muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to three months.
Got a sweet tooth that just won’t quit? Our Paleo Sweets cookbook is filled with 70 family-approved desserts you’d swear came from your local bakery! Bake up mouth-watering brownies, churn out delicious ice creams, mix up chewy cookies or create creamy cheesecakes — all without refined sugar, dairy or grains. Get your FREE copy HERE (just pay for shipping)!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Avocado Chocolate Muffins
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 13/4 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) cacao powder raw
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 large avocado(s) cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) honey raw
- 4 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup(s) water filtered
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips mini
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the silicone muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt together. Whisk well until combined.
- Combine the cubed avocado, honey, melted coconut oil, water, and eggs in the bowl of the blender. Blend well until you get a thick, creamy mixture.
- Transfer the avocado mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cups of the muffin mold. Top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before removing them from the pan.