Pack all the flavors of s’mores into one easy-to-make, Paleo-friendly marshmallow.
Making your own fluffy marshmallows at home is easier than you’d think. With just a handful of paleo-friendly ingredients and an electric mixer, you’re on your way to the perfect pillowy bites.
Plus, with healthier ingredients like anti-oxidant cacao powder and mineral-packed date syrup, you can feel good about eating these marshmallows.
- Let it bloom. Allowing the gelatin to soak in the water for 5 minutes before leaping into action gives it time to soften.
- Keep a close watch. Let unattended, the date syrup mixture can quickly boil over. Once bubbles start to rise from the bottom but it’s not yet boiling, remove it from the heat.
- Whip it good. The mixture needs at least 5 minutes with the electric mixer to take form. The longer you whip, the fluffier it will get.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Skin-Firming Chocolate Marshmallows
Total Time: 5 hours
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Passive Time: 5 hours
- coconut oil for greasing
- 1/4 cup(s) cacao powder sifted and divided
- 1/4 cup(s) gelatin
- 1 cup(s) water divided
- 1 cup(s) date syrup
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the edges.
- Grease the parchment paper with a light layer of coconut oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cacao powder.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the grass-fed gelatin over ½ cup water. Set aside to bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a small pot, combine another ½ cup water with the date syrup and remaining cacao powder. Cook over medium heat until bubbles begin to rise to the surface, but not boiling, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the syrup mixture from heat. With the electric mixer on low, slowly drizzle the syrup mixture into the bloomed gelatin.
- Increase the speed to high. Beat 5 to 7 minutes, until creamy and thick.
- Immediately transfer it to the prepared pan. Smooth into an even layer.
- Allow to set on the countertop for 5 hours. Once set, remove from the pan and cut into 16 squares.