Classic banana bread meets fudgy brownies in this deliciously good recipe.
Raw cacao and dairy-free chocolate chips combine to pack a double punch of chocolate flavor that will have you wondering if you accidentally just whipped up a batch of brownies instead of banana bread. The addition of tahini to this loaf adds a velvety texture and nutty flavor that works great with the burst of chocolate and banana flavors.
When it comes to choosing your bananas – the riper, the better. This is the perfect recipe to save those sad, brown bananas from the ending up in the compost bin. I like to mash my bananas well, but if you love those little surprise bites of banana, feel free to leave it just a bit chunky.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
Total Time: 55 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
saturated fat 11g
- 3 medium banana(s) ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) tahini
- 1/4 cup(s) ghee softened
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut sugar
- 4 large egg(s) room-temperature
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/2 cup(s) tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips, dark divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together tahini, ghee, and coconut sugar.
- Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract, then beat another minute to incorporate.
- Add almond flour, tapioca flour, raw cacao powder, and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Fold half of chocolate chips into batter. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top of loaf with remaining chocolate chips and bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool another 20-30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.