Cereal is one of the hardest things to give up when going Paleo, since most commercial varieties are made solely of grains and sugar.
This easy homemade coconut cereal is made with Paleo approved ingredients, yet is still crunchy and satisfying. Eat with almond or coconut milk if desired.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Blueberry Coconut Cereal
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
saturated fat 12g
- 2 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut oil
- 6 medium date(s) pitted
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/2 cup(s) blueberries dried, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Put half the pecans, coconut oil, and dates in a food processor. Pulse until very finely ground, but not smooth.
- Add the remaining pecans and pumpkin seeds and pulse just once or twice to rough chop.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Stir and spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until browned. Remove, let cool, and stir in the coconut and blueberries.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.