This veggie-loaded southwest chicken chili is a perfect end of winter slow cooker recipe. It requires a little pre-prep before it’s ready for the crockpot, but your efforts will be rewarded with a healthy Paleo meal chock full of zesty southwest flavor. Top this dish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and some fresh chopped cilantro for the perfect finish. Our Paleo Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew is filling, healthy, and mouthwateringly delicious. If you’re looking for more Paleo slow cooker recipes or additional fantastic Paleo chicken recipes, then please visit our Paleo Plan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken and Sweet Potato Soup
Total Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 8 hours
saturated fat 4.9g
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), yellow cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion(s) cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium sweet potato(es) peeled and cubed
- 3 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika smoked
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 medium lime(s) juiced
- 1 medium avocado(s) for serving
- 1 cup(s) cilantro, fresh chopped, for serving
- Put all of the ingredients except the lime juice, avocado, and cilantro in your slow cooker pot and give it a quick stir. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred with two forks. Return to the pot and add the lime juice. Serve topped with diced avocado and cilantro.