In this Chocolate Coconut Banana Muffins recipe, cocoa powder combines with coconut flour and bananas to make a decadent treat perfect for breakfast, snack time, or dessert. The optional chocolate chip topping makes for a mouth-watering presentation that is sure to tempt any chocoholic.
This chocolate banana muffin recipe can also be easily made into a Paleo banana bread by placing the batter in a loaf tin and doubling the baking time. If you enjoyed this Chocolate Coconut Banana Muffins recipe, try our Double Dark Chocolate Muffins recipe next time. For more delicious and Paleo dessert recipes (and hundreds of other FREE Paleo recipes), visit our Paleo Plan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chocolate Coconut Banana Muffins
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium banana(s) mashed (1 cup for 12 servings)
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey, raw
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 cup(s) chocolate chips, semi-sweet optional
- 1 package(s) paper muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Place the liquid ingredients (mashed bananas, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs into a food processor or mixing bowl and mix or whisk together until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt) to the wet ingredients, and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter into each cup, dividing evenly between the 12 cups.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops with chocolate chips.
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. They will still feel a little soft at the bottom when they’re done, but will firm up as they cool.
- Cool on a wire rack, and store in an airtight container in the fridge. In joy!