This recipe takes an Italian classic – the meatball – and spins it into a modern, veggie packed version featuring turkey that is sure to please your Paleo palate. Taking the place of traditional breadcrumbs; carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms keep these meatballs tender and herbs and spices pack them with flavor. They taste amazing served atop Spaghetti Squash Noodles or Spring Herbs and Greens Pasta!
For more turkey and poultry recipes and other FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Turkey Vegetable Meatballs
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound(s) turkey, ground or chicken
- 2 medium carrot(s) (or equivalent of baby carrots)
- 1 medium bell pepper(s) red or green
- 8 medium mushroom(s), white button
- 1 cup(s) parsley, fresh
- 1/2 medium onion(s), yellow
- 1 medium garlic clove(s)
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic, granulated (garlic salt)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic and seasonings in a food processor and blend until well chopped.
- Empty the food processor into a large bowl, add the ground turkey and mix together completely.
- Form meatballs and place on a non-greased baking sheet (about 1.5-2 inches each). Bake for about 25 minutes, or until completely cooked.