This recipe is a Paleo version of the traditional favorite, featuring buttery avocado to boost the healthy fat profile. You can add more hot sauce if you desire. You can also add onion salt, celery salt, and cumin to the avocado-egg yolk mixture for a more complex flavor, or replace lemon juice with lime juice.
This recipe was based on a submission by Rodney Henson, and modified from the original recipe found here.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 large egg(s) hard-boiled
- 1 medium avocado(s)
- 2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut in half length-wise. Spoon out yolks into a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with avocado, hot sauce and lemon juice. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Refill egg whites with the yolk mixture.
Photo courtesy: www.marksdailyapple.com